background

Thursday, September 22, 2011

The 100 Exercise Reference Guide

Hope everyone liked the 100 WORKOUT!!! Its toughie (i think that's spelled wrong). Yesterday I got a bit carried away with starting the blog that I forgot to post pictures exercises looked like...WOOPS!!!!

Also you will notice that I have a helper (my puppy) she likes to monitor my workouts and adds a little weight when


SQUATS: For squats i usually put my hands behind my head or on my hips,
however i have found that for beginner squats the arms extended in front help for balance. Remember when doing these NOT come over your toes. I also find that if I point my toes up towards the sky it helps with form. (PRETEND YOUR SITTING IN A CHAIR)




Toe Touches: Remember for Toe Touches try and reach for your toes. Keep your legs as straight as possible and remember to contract those abs! Every time you come up to touch your toes lift your shoulders off the ground (this will help with straining your neck).


Leg lift: also known as Pike-ups, Leg swings, Leg ups, etc. are some of the best core exercises. Start of laying flat on the ground, I like to place my hands under the small of back for support (otherwise my tailbone scrapes and hurts.) Lift your legs 6 inches above the ground and swing your legs with control! When bringing your legs down do not touch the floor. This exercise is really good for contracting the lower abs (most peoples problem area) and works flexibility in the BOOTY and hamstrings! Also good for back strength.


Forward Alternating Lunges: This is one of my favorite exercise for glutes(butt)!!!!! Remember when doing this start with feet together and step forward. There are all sorts of ways to do lunges but we are just starting out again so this is the basic. Its very important when doing these that you do not come past your front toe!!! Its bad form! and it can cause injuries. If you cant go very low then only go half way down. I cant go that far down because im still working on rebuilding muscle on my right leg from knee surgery.



TODAY'S TIP: REMEMBER TO STRETCH AND DRINK PLENTY OF WATER ALL DAY!!!! IT HELPS WITH REPAIRING THE MUSCLES YOU JUST WORKED ON!!

GOOD LUCK YALL!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment