background

Thursday, August 8, 2013

National Breast Feeding Week

Happy National Breast 
Feeding Week!!!!!!


Its NATIONAL BREAST FEEDING WEEK!! Congrats to all the mommas who breast fed, breast feed, or will try and nurse their babies.

I had the privilege of nursing Ace! He was such a good latcher and a milk monster!! He is now 13 months old and I am now ready for him to be weaned. He is now in his own crib and he is sleeping through the night!! It only took him 13 months to finally sleep through the night and out of our bed! I miss him immensely but having him in is own crib is a huge accomplishment! 

My nursing story:

From the get go I knew I was going to nurse him. There was never a doubt in my mind. I knew all the benefits and also that formula is hella expensive and we dont qualify for govt aid. The day Ace was born was crazy...I was still in shock that this being came outta my body. I was scared SHITLESS!!!  My lactation consultant waltzed into my room and we began the latching process. After about a day he was hooked! From that day on we were inseparable! Me and my little milk vampire were attached at the boob. He nursed night and day and day and night...that is til  I came back to work. Then I pumped, 2 times a day and thank God I have been able to do it 2 times a day, 5 days a week, for 10 months! Talk about exhausting!!!!


I wish I could say its all been peachy but it hasnt. Ive taken fenugreek when my supply ran low and spent a month smelling like Ihop. All in all I wouldnt trade it for the world. 

I love my Ace
 

            Here is Ace at 12 hrs                        and                  Here he is at 13 months (still nursing)



Happy Trails

PS 
Still doing my push ups!




No comments:

Post a Comment